Scientists have discovered a revolutionary new treatment that makes you live longer. It enhances your memory and makes you more creative. It makes you look more attractive. It keeps you slim and lowers food cravings. It protects you from cancer and dementia. It wards off colds and the flu. It lowers your risk of heart attacks and stroke, not to mention diabetes. You’ll even feel happier, less depressed, and less anxious. Are you interested? – Matthew Walker
SLEEP for a healthy BRAIN – a healthy HEART, for short-and long-term MEMORY. Sleep to obtain a healthy WEIGHT and optimum PERFORMANCE levels. Sleep so that you can be KIND and TOLERANT to others. Sleep so that you can EXERCISE safely and feel CONFIDENT about yourself and your decisions.
Tips for good sleeping
- If I have to wake-up with an alarm, the alarm will only go off once. I will not snooze.
- Room temperature: 18.3 degrees
- Black-out curtains or blinds
- Do not fall asleep on the couch
- Stop eating at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- ““Sleep is the third pillar of good health, alongside diet and exercise.” I have changed my tune. Sleep is more than a pillar; it is the foundation on which the other two health bastions sit.
— Mathew Walker